Rouse Hill Rams endeavours to provide a fun and supportive environment for children to learn skills, increase fitness and build friendships. The club runs every Friday night from September through to March, with a break over Christmas. Athletes should arrive by 6:15 for a 6:30pm start. Age groups will then move around different events on a two week program
RHLAC is based at The Hill Centenary Park, corner Withers & Commercial Roads, Kellyville.
There is plenty of parking. Canteen facilities are available, cash only.
REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION: EVENTS THAT WE RUN
Sprint and middle distance running (50 metres to 1500 metres)
Shot Put & Discus
Javelin (11 & over)
- Tiny Tots program: introducing 4-5 year olds to Athletics through an activity based program which runs for 1-1.5 hours. Tiny Tots are in their own area and away from the main running tracks.
- Under 6: Run on the main track and field areas and follow a normal A & B week program. Under 6 do not compete outside our Centre.
- Under 7 to Under 12: run as separate age groups following an A & B program and athletes are given the opportunity to compete at Zone competition at Baulkham Hills in December. Qualifying athletes U8 and above will then progress through to the Region Championship is held at Blacktown in February. Successful athletes at Regions, U9 and above, go through to the NSW State championships held at SOPAC.
- Under 13 to Under 17: run as a combined senior group following an A & B program and compete at Zone, Regional and State competitions.
- There are multiple carnivals held throughout the season where athletes can compete against different clubs, this is a fantastic opportunity to improve skills and meet other competitors. Upcoming carnivals are posted on our Facebook page throughout the season.
- Age Groups
- Each age group has a simple structure of one Age Manager, a backup Age Manager, and at least 3-4 assistants who help with the running of each event (Recording, measuring, raking and timing). Things run smoother for groups when there are a number of parent helpers who can cover for each other.