Rouse Hill Rams endeavours to provide a fun and supportive environment for children to learn skills, increase fitness and build friendships. The club runs every Friday night from September through to March, with a break over Christmas. Athletes should arrive by 6:15 for a 6:30pm start. Age groups will then move around different events on a two week program
RHLAC is based at The Hill Centenary Park, corner Withers & Commercial Roads, Kellyville.
There is plenty of parking. Canteen facilities are available, cash only.
RAMS LITTLE ATHLETICS COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
Rouse Hill Rams Little Centre is committed to creating a COVID-safe environment for everyone.
We have developed this plan, which has been approved by Little Athletics NSW, and expect that all volunteers, parents, carers and athletes will abide by our guidelines
Anyone attending any training or competition night including volunteers, parents, carers and children must not attend if in the past 14 days if they have:
- visited Victoria
- attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates)
- been unwell or had any flu-like symptoms, or
- been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19, or
- any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste, or
- are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical health conditions.
- Please check the NSW Government website for a full list of symptoms: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/symptoms-and- testing
CHANGES TO OPERATION
- We are limited to 500 people in attendance.
- We ask that each athlete only have one parent in attendance.
- There will be no group gathering for warm-up.
- Parents and athletes should check the event board when they arrive to see which event they are starting at.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HYGIENE MEASURES
We ask that everyone, but particularly adults, engage in social distancing practices of keeping 1.5m apart at all times. These are the measures that Rams have put in place:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all athletes to use throughout the night
- Every child will be required to sanitize before and after using shared equipment such as discus, shot put and javelin
- Please follow ground markings when queuing and moving to the BBQ
- We encourage you to use the Tap and Go facility
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for your use
- There should only be two people in the toilets at one time
- Please queue outside and keep 1.5m apart
- Wash hands thoroughly
- All participants are to provide their own clearly labelled drink bottle for their use only.
- There will be NO drinks trolleys. If children cannot look after their own bottles, they should be provided with a backpack to carry it in.
- Centre weekly results are recorded in an online Competition Management System. This allows the Competition Administrator to identify which members were in attendance on any given day.
- Accompanying parents/spectators will be able to be contacted through the relevant members mandatory online registration.
- We encourage all participants to download the COVIDSafe App
- All committee members and age managers have been encouraged to complete online COVID-safety training.
- If any member needs extra guidance on safe practices, please speak to a committee member or read more at the following websites:
- Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus- 2019-ncov-health-alert
- NSW Government Department of Health: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/
- Australian Institute of Sport: https://ais.gov.au/health-wellbeing/covid- 19
- Sport Australia: https://www.sportaus.gov.au/
- Little Athletics NSW COVID-19 Resources: https://lansw.com.au/covid-19/
REGULAR SEASON INFORMATION: EVENTS THAT WE RUN
Sprint and middle distance running (50 metres to 1500 metres)
Shot Put & Discus
Javelin (11 & over)
- Tiny Tots program: introducing 4-5 year olds to Athletics through an activity based program which runs for 1-1.5 hours. Tiny Tots are in their own area and away from the main running tracks.
- Under 6: Run on the main track and field areas and follow a normal A & B week program. Under 6 do not compete outside our Centre.
- Under 7 to Under 12: run as separate age groups following an A & B program and athletes are given the opportunity to compete at Zone competition at Baulkham Hills in December. Qualifying athletes U8 and above will then progress through to the Region Championship is held at Blacktown in February. Successful athletes at Regions, U9 and above, go through to the NSW State championships held at SOPAC.
- Under 13 to Under 17: run as a combined senior group following an A & B program and compete at Zone, Regional and State competitions.
- There are multiple carnivals held throughout the season where athletes can compete against different clubs, this is a fantastic opportunity to improve skills and meet other competitors. Upcoming carnivals are posted on our Facebook page throughout the season.
- Age Groups
- Each age group has a simple structure of one Age Manager, a backup Age Manager, and at least 3-4 assistants who help with the running of each event (Recording, measuring, raking and timing). Things run smoother for groups when there are a number of parent helpers who can cover for each other.