Rouse Hill RAMS Little Athletics Club (RHLAC) meets at 6:15pm for a 6:30pm start every Friday between mid September and March, with a break over the Christmas period. RHLAC is based at The Hill Centenary Park, corner Withers & Commercial Roads, Kellyville.
Some key dates for the 2017/18 season are:
- Friday 1st September: Rego pickup at Hills Centenary Park 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Friday 8th September: First night of competition for Under 7 – Under 17 (no manual registrations this first night but numbers can be collected for those already registered online)
- Friday 15th September: First night of competition for Under 6
- Friday 6th October: First night of competition for tiny tots
Events we run:
- Sprint and middle distance running (50 metres to 1500 metres)
- Shot Put & Discus
- Javelin (12 & over)
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
Tiny Tots program: introducing 4-5 year olds to Athletics through an activity based program which runs for 1-1.5 hours. Tiny Tots are in their own area and away from the main running tracks.
Under 6: Run on the main track and field areas and follow a normal A & B week program. Under 6 do not compete outside our Centre.
Under 7 to Under 12: run as separate age groups following an A & B program and can compete outside the Centre at our Zone event and from Under 8 continue on to our Regional and State events.
Under 13 to Under 17: run as a combined senior group following an A & B program and compete at Zone, Regional and State competitions.
Each age group has a simple structure of one Age Manager, a backup Age Manager, and at least 3-4 assistants who help with the running of each event (Recording, measuring, raking and timing). Things run smoother for groups when there are a number of parent helpers who can cover for each other.